Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Big news in Slugville!

Dear Slug Tennis Family and Fans,

Big news on the Slug Tennis front! I will be taking the job at Middlebury College starting in the Fall and if all goes as planned, Slug superstar Bryce “Bird” Parmelly will be taking over the reins of the Slug Tennis program. He will be leading an amazing group that will continue the incredible history of success that we have all become accustomed to. I have had the pleasure of watching this current group mature into the championship level team that Bird is excited and thrilled to lead. I could not have considered this new challenge had Bird not been both ready and willing to take over. He is clearly both....

I was certainly not looking for a new job, as the last time that I applied for a position was more than 25 years ago. When asked to look more closely at the Middlebury position, I was impressed on many levels with the institutional support for athletics, their understanding of the role of athletics as part of the academic mission, and the amazing quality of coaches and administrators in the athletic department. The Middlebury offer was amazing and due to financial challenges, UC Santa Cruz was unable to compete with the offer.

My ride as the coach of the magical Slug Tennis Program has been a complete joy from day one and I leave with nothing but great memories and a full and appreciative heart. When I think back to the start of the program and it’s growth and development into one of the finest athletic teams on any level, I am thrilled from head to toe! The most incredible part of the experience has to be the multitude of relationships with all the players, families and friends of the program. I cannot begin to thank all of those responsible for helping me create the job I was meant to do! Against a very challenging backdrop, the devotion of our players and the generosity of our families and supporters carried us to amazing personal growth and corresponding success. I could not be more proud of the incredible courage and character demonstrated by our amazing athletes in their quest for personal and team excellence. They became the standard of Division III tennis, winning an unprecedented 34 National Championships and forming bonds that will last a lifetime.

I am a bit overwhelmed with the change. Equally nostalgic and excited at the same time with all of the possibilities. Currently, I am running the Santa Cruz NIKE Tennis Camp which has and will continue to be another big part of my life. Word of these changes has been slowly getting out and I apologize for being slow in making this more formal announcement. I would like to thank each and every one responsible for this amazing ride with Slug Tennis but the list would take more time than I have. I want everyone associated with the Slug Tennis family to know that our relationship continues regardless of the name on my jersey going forward. I will follow this current Slug group on each step of their journey and will forever be tied to the amazing group of people which make up this rare breed called Slugs.

I sincerely hope that you will continue to support the wonderful mission of Slug Tennis. The University is going through extremely challenging times and will need your help and support to continue on the path of excellence that has characterized this program. I will do my best to respond to any questions, concerns or well wishes but please know that I am super busy with camp and getting up to speed on my new job so your patience is greatly appreciated. I am extremely excited about the many amazing possibilities of this new adventure but also painfully aware of the many friends and family that will be at greater distance.

Thanks again for all your help, support, love and concern. New coach Bryce “Bird” Parmelly can be reached at Bryce.Parmelly@gmail.com

Sincerely,
Coach Hansen

1 Comments:

Blogger midn said...

Tips for buying a copy here. People in Cheap Fashion Classic Fake Watches a lot of time searching for Cheap rolex cellini moonphase 50535 watches on the Internet, so it's easy to buy a good thing.

July 7, 2020 at 12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home